Empowering the Community
For over 30 years, Hospice Calgary has served Calgary and Area, offering palliative and hospice care, support during advanced illness, and grief counselling to patients and clients. Using our experiences and expertise, our educators offer learning opportunities designed to strengthen, engage, and equip our community. They share practical tools and offer resources to support professionals and community advocates in their day-to-day work.
Since our founding, Hospice Calgary was a driving force in establishing hospice care in Alberta. Today, Hospice Calgary’s continuum of care for those who are grieving and dying is unparalleled in Calgary & Area.
Expert-led seminars offered in collaboration with other sector experts include topics such as:
- Palliative & Hospice Care
- Volunteer training
- Palliative end-of-life care current issues & research
- Medical Assistance in Dying, process and understanding
- Signs that End-of-Life is approaching
- Contemplative practice
Almost 2000 people a year benefit from our in-service consultation, training, seminars, and accredited workshops. Individuals and groups that call on us for training and resources include anyone who would like to broaden their understanding of palliative care and grief as well as:
- Individuals Grieving or Facing Advanced Illness (grieving individuals and families, people living with advanced Illness, and caregivers)
- Community Representatives (volunteers, community agencies, public forum organizers, and not-for-profit professionals)
- First Points of Contact (educators & school support staff, health & mental health care professionals, first responders, and spiritual care providers
- Student Bodies (grades 1-12 and post-secondary)
To download our Education information sheet, click here.
Customized for You
Designed to meet your group’s specific learning needs, we create customized sessions that are delivered at a time and in a location that best works for you. Our specialized team can also offer consultation on Palliative Care and Grief.
For current information on our educational opportunities, to book a speaker, or to access additional resources, contact our team:
Hospice Calgary Education
Upcoming Education Opportunities
Our education is for anyone who would like to broaden their understanding of palliative care and grief. Visit our Education page for more.
The health and safety of our clients, volunteers, staff, and community members is our highest priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is for this reason that we have moved all upcoming sessions of Dying To Know to Zoom.