Children’s Grief Awareness Day is November 18, 2021
Children’s Grief Awareness Day is an international movement and is recognized locally by wearing blue. The day was designed to help children and teens that are bereaved to know they are not alone. Created in 2008, Children’s Grief Awareness Day is observed every year on the third Thursday in November. This time of year is particularly appropriate to support grieving children everywhere, as the holiday season can be especially difficult.
Children’s Grief Awareness Day seeks to bring attention to the fact that community support can make all the difference in the life of a grieving child.
Hospice Calgary is committed to helping every grieving child or teen in Calgary and Area.
Children’s Grief Awareness Day began as a way to help others understand the impact of death on children and their need for support. Wear BLUE on November 18 to show your support to the grieving children around us.
Let every grieving child and teen know they’re not alone
- Wear BLUE on November 18th for Children’s Grief Awareness Day
- Download and print our Children’s Grief Awareness Day poster
- Add a Children’s Grief Awareness Day photo frame to your profile on Facebook
- Download the Children’s Grief Awareness Day butterfly colouring page
- Create a luminary in honour of your person. Show us a picture of it lit on November 18th
- Share your own story and remember to use the hashtags #CGADHope #childgriefday #YoureNotAlone and mention us @childrensgriefca or @hospicecalgary
- Join the conversation on social media to show your support. Below are some messages you can copy and share. If you are wearing blue, be sure to share a photo of that too:
Today is Children’s Grief Awareness Day. Join the conversation and raise awareness! #CGADHope #childgriefday #grief #yyc #YoureNotAlone
Want to learn more about supporting a child or teen in #yyc facing grief due to death? Visit hospicecalgary.ca, they can help. #CGADHope #childgriefday #grief #mentalhealth #yyc #YoureNotAlone
No child or teen should have to feel alone when someone close to them dies. #CGADHope #childgriefday #grief #mentalhealth #YoureNotAlone
Know a child or teen in #yyc that is grieving? Tell them #theyrenotalone and @childrensgrief is here to help: 403-263-4525. #childgriefday
Suggested Books for Children
Suggested Books for Teens
We have gathered the following resources for you. Visit our Resources page for more.